Fact: Malta is home to the very exciting Popeye Village. Remember the 1980 film? Well the set remained and is now a fun tourist attraction.
* International dialling code = +356 (no local dialling codes)
* Card and coin operated phone boxes can be found all over Malta. Phonecards can be bought from Maltacom offices, Mis-Med bank branches, post offices and stationers that display the Telecard sign.
* 24-hour international telephone, telex, fax and Internet access is available at Maltacom's offices in St George's Bay, St Julian's.
* There are several internet cafes across the islands
* Post offices are found in most towns and villages. Sending a postcard to most destinations in Europe costs 16 cents